Henry David Thoreau: Surveyor of the Soul
June 14, Webinar on Henry David Thoreau: Surveyor of the Soul with panel discussion: Huey,. Laura Dassow Walls, Matt Schlein, Sandra Harbert Petrulionis, followed by a screening of the film. Sponsored by the Thoreau Society. Click here for Archive of the panel discussion
July 23, 8PM, Vermont PBS ON TV in Vermont. Online after that for anyone
2019 September 26, Maine Historical Society, Portland, ME, screening, Wilderness and Spirit: A Mountain Called Katahdin, Q&A with Huey August 21, Monson Arts, Monson, ME Q&A with Huey August 1, Broadcast on Vermont Public Television July 14, Concord Museum, Thoreau Society’s Annual Gathering, Concord, MA, with guest Laura Dassow Walls, author Henry David Thoreau: A Life April 5, Little Theater, Rochester, NY and SUNY Geneseo, with guest Laura Dassow Walls film’s lead scholar consultant and author, Henry David Thoreau:A Life February 10, Broadcast Maine Public Television January 26, Workshop Presentation of Surveyor of the Soul, Annual Summit, AMC (Appalachian Mountain Club), Norwood, MA January 3 & 5, Broadcast Maine Public Television 2018 December 6, Broadcast Maine Public Television December 3, Maine Public Radio, Maine Calling, guest with Darren Ranco , Chair of Native American Programs, University of Maine, Kristen Case, Assistant Professor of English,University of Maine, Farmington November 14, Bridgewater State University, Bridgewater, MA October 25, Presentation, Woodin Environmental Colloquium, Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT. October 24, Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT. With guest featured in thefilmMatt Schlein, director Walden Project, Vergennes High School Vergennes, VT and Rebecca Kneale Gould, Associate Professor of Environmental Studies and member of the board of the Thoreau Society. October 20, Dietrich Theater, Tunkhannock, PA. With guests featured in film: Rochelle Johnson, Professor of English & Environmental Studies at the College of Idaho and Sandra Harbert Petrulionis, Distinguished Professor of English and American Studies at Penn State Altoona. October 18, Vermont International Film Festival, Burlington, VT October 1, St. Joseph’s College, Standish, ME. May 2 - Thoreau 200 Conference, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden April 12 - Notre Dame University, IN, with Laura Dassow Walls 2017 July 15 World Premiere, Waterville Opera House, Waterville, ME • Part of the Maine International Film Festival (MIFF) July 16 Thoreau Society Annual Gathering, Concord, MA July 18 Maine International Film Festival, Waterville, ME July 20 The Morgan Library & Museum, New York, NY July 31 MIFF in the Mountains, Rangeley, ME September 15 & 16, MIFF in Bar Harbor, Bar Harbor, ME September 22 , Thoreau Symposium, University of Maine Farmington (ME) October 11, Native American Center, University of Maine, Orono ME October 16, University of New England, Biddeford ME October 22, Concord Museum, Concord MA October 26, University of Southern Maine, Portland, ME November 2, Lewis-Clark State College, Lewiston, Idaho
- August 18, Panel Discussion Todd Webb: American Photographer, Ogunquit Museum of American Art, Ogunquit, ME
2014 IN GOOD TIME: THE PIANO JAZZ OF MARIAN MCPARTLAND
- September 15, Bates College Museum of Art, , Lewiston, ME. In Good Time screening, Q&A with Huey
- May 29, Jacob Burns Film Center, Pleasantville, NY. In Good Time screening with Q&A with Huey. Followed by a performance by Renee Rosnes.
- March 20, Marian McPartland Memorial Concert, 92nd Street Y, NYC, Performances by past guests of Marian McPartland’s Piano Jazz, family members, and excerpts from In Good Time. The concert will be broadcast on NPR.
- March 22, Marian McPartland Memorial & Scholarship Concert, performance by Jon Weber with jazz rising stars with excerpts from In Good Time. Port Washington Public Library, Port Washington, NY
- March 20, In Good Time screening, WDNA JAZZ GALLERY, Miami, FL.
- March 13 – 20, In Good Time DVD offered as a pledge drive premium for WDCB-FM, Chicago’s jazz station
- January 19, Chamber Music America, National Conference, In Good Time was shown as part of the conference and excerpts were shown at the presentation of a posthumous award in honor of Marian McPartland
2013 & 2012 IN GOOD TIME: THE PIANO JAZZ OF MARIAN MCPARTLAND
- Strand Theater, Rockland, ME
- University of New England, Portland Campus, Portland, ME. Screening of Wilderness and Spirit, A Mountain Called Katahdin, 2002.
- August 16, 2012, Wilderness and Spirit, A Mountain Called Katahdin, A Film By Huey (2002), at Maine Historical Society, Portland, ME.
- August 30, Maine Public Broadcasting pays tribute to Marian McPartland with a broadcast of In Good Time.
- June 15, Cinema Arts Centre, Huntington, NY. Special guest Marian McPartland. Plus reading by Paul de Barros, author, Shall We Play That One Together?: The Life and Art of Jazz Piano Legend Marian McPartland. Roberta Piket, jazz pianist and a protégé of Marian McPartland, performed McPartland’s compositions after the Q&A. This was Marian’s last public appearance.
- BCA Center, Discover Jazz Festival, Burlington, VT
- Interview on Judy Carmichael’s Jazz Inspired, Real Jazz Sirius/XM radio
- Gualala Whale & Jazz Festival, Point Arena, CA (in-person via Skype)
- 7:00 P.M., Harold Alfond Hall, Viola I. George Auditorium, St. Joseph’s College, Standish, ME
- Frontier Cinema, Brunswick, ME
- PMA Movies, Portland Museum of Art, Portland,ME
- Dolphin Bookshop, Port Washington, NY. DVD and book signing With Paul de Barros. I will show scenes from In Good Time and Paul will read passages from Shall We Play That One Together? With special guest, Marian McPartland
- Earshot Jazz Festival, Seattle, WA, at Northwest Film Forum. With guest, Paul de Barros, author, Shall We Play That One Together?: The Life and Art of Jazz Piano Legend Marian McPartland
- Savannah Jazz Festival, Savannah, GA
- Broadcast on Maine Public Television during their membership drive, MPBN
- Guest appearance on Friday Night Jazz with Rich Tozier MPBN radio
- Prescott Film Festival, Prescott, AZ
- The Little Theater, Rochester, NY, sponsored by WXXI-TV during the Rochester Jazz Festival
- Mary Lou Williams Women In Jazz Festival, Kennedy Center, Washington, DC
- Amherst Cinema, Amherst,MA
- Garden State Film Festival
- Green Mountain Film Festival, Montipelier, VT
- National Jazz Museum of Harlem shown at Maysles Cinema
- Sedona International Film Festival, Sedona, AZ
- Jazz88 Reel Jazz Film Series, Minneapolis, MN,
Fall 2011 IN GOOD TIME: THE PIANO JAZZ OF MARIAN MCPARTLAND
- University of Southern Maine, Portland, ME
- University of New England, Biddeford, ME
- Bowdoin College, Brunswick, ME
- The Movies at the Museum, Portland Museum of Art, Portland, ME
- Railroad Square Cinema, Waterville, ME
- Reel Music Festival 29, Northwest Film Center, Portland, OR
- Monday Movie Cabaret, Bambu Venue, Honolulu, HI,
- On Screen/In Person Tour, Mid-Atlantic Arts Foundation
- Mercyhurst College, Erie, PA,
- Allentown Symphony Hall, Allentown, PA,
- Rutgers, State University of New Jersey, Paul Robeson Student Ctr, Newark, NJ
- Monmouth University, West Long Branch, NJ
- Weinberg Center for the Arts, Frederick, MD
- Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts, Annapolis, MD
- Rehoboth Beach Independent Film Festival, Rehoboth Beach, DE
- Port Washington Public Library, Port Washington, NY. With special guest, Marian McPartland.